Tuesday, August 24, 2010

River Horse Oatmeal Milk Stout Redux

Here's the beer next to the bottle.  I like River Horse's designs generally as they all have a nice theme to them.


The River Horse Oatmeal Milk Stout Redux is from the stouts and porters beer club.  As you can see it has a nice, dark color, almost black, with a bit of head after the pour.  The taste leans towards the oatmeal side of the oatmeal milk, but it's certainly a bit sweeter than some oatmeal stouts that I've had.  It has a 6.7% ABV according to Beer Advocate.  All in all, it's a great beer and I'd definitely buy it again. 

River Horse makes some other really good beers as well so don't be afraid to try them if you see them.  Plus their brewery is in Lambertville, NJ which is only about 45 minutes from here so it's makes for a good visit if you get a chance.  They didn't have any growlers when my wife and I last visited them but maybe they have some now.

No comments:

Post a Comment