Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Sly Fox Route 113

To warm up for the IPA Block Party outside of Hawthornes (post incoming tomorrow), I opened a can of Sly Fox Route 113, an IPA.
Sort of a perfumy bitter nose.  Not citrus or pine, but maybe grapefruit?  I honestly couldn't tell and Jo wasn't around to help.  Bitter up front, followed by some grapefruit notes, some of the perfume notes from the nose and finishing a little bitter.  As I drank more, the sweetness slowly overpowered the bitterness and it started becoming a little cloying.  Not sure why that happened as usually the bitterness overpowers everything but maybe it's a result of having it after a coffee stout.  Who knows.  Wasn't bad, but I've had better ones recently.  I definitely enjoyed it more when I had it on draft at the brewpub a while back.

No comments:

Post a Comment