Wednesday, October 19, 2011

De Dolle Stille Nacht

I decided to open up something slightly more interesting this past Saturday so I grabbed my bottle of 2010 De Dolle Stille Nacht. This bottle is actually from Belgium directly which is why it has a little bow sticker around the neck. The beer itself is exactly the same as the US version though so I guess they just want you to feel special if you get it from the source. Stille Nacht is a Belgian Strong Pale Ale.
Sweet nose, reminiscent of honey. Flavors follow with a large honey like sweetness being the major component. Very smooth. Sort of a hint of bitterness throughout, just enough to keep the sweetness from being cloying. It doesn't last more than a few moments each time you notice it though. As I drank more, the sweetness faded a bit and a little bit of spiciness from something appeared possibly from the yeast. This was really quite tasty and very smooth. I don't even really like the style a lot but this is too good to pass up.

No comments:

Post a Comment