Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Founders Lunch at Jose Pistolas

Just like usual, it's been a while since I've been to Jose Pistolas for lunch so I decided to fix that problem last Friday. I wasn't really planning on it but Adam put together a last minute Founders themed lunch so I figured that was as good a reason as any. I don't remember everything they had, but the main ones were the Wet Hop Harvest and bottles of 2010 KBS. Since I was going during work, I decided KBS was a bit much so went for the Harvest IPA instead. People seem to be excited about it so why not, right?

Very clean looking beer, nice golden color. Bright citrus nose with a mix of grapefruit, orange, and lemon. Very fresh smelling. Tasted like a glass of slightly bitter orange juice and was just really good. The hops were incredibly vibrant without being bitter or dry. Really enjoyable. Plus it went really well with the awesome pork burrito I ordered.

Every time I go to Jose Pistolas I realize I should go more often but oh well. Didn't get anything else while there because I had some meetings soon after lunch but I did still contemplate the KBS. It's hard to say no to such deliciousness. Wait, that sort of makes me sound like an alcoholic. Lets go with it's easy to say no even though it's awesome. Yeah, there we go, that sounds better, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment