Monday, November 28, 2011

Goose Island Bourbon County Brand Stout 2008

I was sent this 2008 bottle of Goose Island Bourbon County Brand Stout by a friend of mine. Figured the weekend after Thanksgiving seemed like as good a time as any to open it.
Very still, black as night. Nice bourbon nose, hints of graham cracker, some vanilla. No alcohol heat which was just awesome. Thick as motor oil. Delicious, delicious motor oil. The flavors were so smooth, almost decadent. Chocolate, vanilla, bourbon. Some alcohol burn in the finish but at 13%, not terribly surprising. Hints of dark fruit appeared as I drank more but chocolate and bourbon were the major players.

Man, this was totally awesome and completely lived up to the hype. Absolutely delicious. The new version is coming out soon and I'm hoping to get my hands on some. We'll see. Hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving and drank some good beers. I know I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment