Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Firestone Walker Sucaba

Back from Thanksgiving and after a number of days off I'm still not that rested. It's amazing how quickly four days go by. At least I have some time off during Christmas to look forward to since after that it's nothing until Memorial Day.

I've still got a bit of a backlog from before Thanksgiving so I'll continue working that off. To start, I drank my bottle of Firestone Walker Sucaba a couple weekends ago. It's a blended barrel aged barleywine that used to be called Abacus but was turned backwards due to a trademark dispute. Hence the odd, current name. I still contend they should have named it Manual Calculator, but I guess that's too goofy. Would have been hilarious though.
Bourbon, caramel, vanilla, and a little alcohol in the nose. Complex though the alcohol is a little more present than I remember the last time I had it. Very thick body which I just loved. Similar flavors followed in the body. Caramel, bourbon, vanilla, and some alcohol again. Some chocolate and cherry, too, as I drank more and got used to the alcohol heat. Pretty delicious though this really is one that should be drank fresh in my opinion. The more complex flavors are more pronounced which hides the alcohol more. Still, this is delicious and it even made my glass happy.
See? Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment