Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Squatters Outer Darkness

I'm working on the longer post about a bottle share I had with some friends, but it's going to take me forever so I'll fill in the gaps with some smaller posts. Over the weekend, I drank a bottle of Squatters Outer Darkness, an imperial stout. I picked it up in Houston in early November along with a few other things.
First, let me say the bottle is super cool looking. It looks really cool in this picture, really capturing the flaming eyes peering out of the label. Neat stuff. Great nose on it. Chocolate, roast, and that slightly salty soy sauce character that I find real interesting in stouts. In the body, chocolate and an earthy hop character are the two main points with an underlying roastiness throughout. After the first few sips, I realized the saltiness in the nose may have been a result of the earthy hops mixing with the chocolate. Either way, pretty tasty with lots of different flavors. Glad I picked this one up.

No comments:

Post a Comment