Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Sweetwater IPA

Sweetwater is a brewery located in Atlanta, Georgia that only distributes to a few southern states.  I hadn't really heard much about it but my friend thought I'd really enjoy their IPA and was nice enough to help me get my hands on a bottle.
Has a citrus nose with a slight underlying bitterness to it.  First sip is surprising as I get a lot of malty caramel notes with some citrus following.  Not a lot of bitterness up front but some appears in the finish.  Throughout the glass, all I could think about was how balanced between the sweetness and the bitterness it was.  Much more my speed right now.  Jo thought the citrus was very pleasant and enjoyed her taste of it.  Definitely a different IPA than the super high IBU hop bombs.  Thanks for the hook up Mike.  Really appreciate it!

No comments:

Post a Comment