Thursday, May 31, 2012

Back from Belgium!

Well our amazing trip to Belgium is finally over. We got back a couple days ago but before that we went back to Brussels for one last day of drinking awesome beer. Well, really it was so we didn't have to get up at 4am to catch our flight the next day, but getting one more day in Brussels was a nice plus.

To finish up, we revisited Moeder Lambic Fontainas since the other time we went we were totally exhausted. After having a Cantillon Faro and another one I forget, we were lucky enough to be able to order a bottle of Cantillon Fou' Foune, something I've had on draft but never in the bottle.
First, let me say getting the lambic bottles in baskets is awesome. I don't know why I like it so much but it's just neat. Sort of hard to pour if you aren't used to it, but it's useful in keeping the yeast settled (as far as I know) and neat otherwise so it's totally worth it.

Fou' Foune was pretty awesome. It's an apricot lambic that's pretty hard to find in the states and expensive so we figured why not. Lots of apricot in the nose with a bit of funk and tartness. On the first sip, the sourness took over until the very end where some more of the apricot sweetness appeared. It went on like that with the apricot sweetness never being too prominent and just being delicious. Just an excellent beer to end our stay in Belgium.

And now it's Philly Beer Week so no rest for the weary. Look for my schedule later today or tomorrow morning if you're interested in hanging with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment