Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Carton Boat Beer at Kite & Key

I've now made it to Kite & Key two weeks in a row. As I said, having Pax's daycare around the corner is very convenient. Actually, Jo and I stopped in on Sunday too so I've been there a bunch lately. I even ordered the same beer Sunday and Tuesday, Carton Boat Beer, a pale ale coming in just a bit above 4%.
Real clean grapefruit nose, very solid hop aroma. Bitter grapefruit started things off, followed by a little citrusy sweetness, and then clean bitterness in the finish. Very crisp and a real great showcase for whatever hops they use in it. Very minimal flavors from the malt just all hops basically. Honestly, this is what Founders All Day IPA wishes it was. Really solid pale, especially tasty, and low ABV. Great package.

No comments:

Post a Comment