Thursday, August 22, 2013

The Return to Kite & Key with Founders Rubaeus

With Pax in daycare now, my days have smoothed out a bit and my schedule is a bit more like it used to be, at least until the evening. This means the triumphant return of Kite & Key Tuesdays! It works out really well that his daycare is right around the corner from there. For this week's beer, I went with Founders Rubaeus, a raspberry beer that replaced Cerise this year.
Jo and I have had bottles of this, but draft was actually a bit different. Sweet, jammy raspberry nose, lots of sweetness. Body followed with very sweet raspberries and sugar with not much else. If you like jam and sweeter beers, this would be right up your alley. I thought the bottles were a little more complex possibly because they had a bit more carbonation than the draft. Beers like this can be divisive given the sweetness, but I liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment