Friday, April 22, 2011

Abita Strawberry Harvest Lager

While all of the bottles I've tried so far that my friend Chris brought have been good, the Abita Strawberry Harvest Lager unfortunately wasn't.
Very fruity, sugary sweet nose, reminiscent of fruit extract and corn syrup.  Similar sugary strawberry flavor up front on the first sip followed by a really bizarre and slightly unpleasant corn (or something sort of gross) finish.  The aftertaste is also not particularly enticing.  It fades a little as the sugary sweet fruit flavor begins overpowering everything but it still doesn't really make you go back for more.  Sorry Chris but I'd avoid this one in the future.  Some how though I feel like my friend Jeff will say his girlfriend likes this one too just like when I said I didn't totally care for the Ithaca Apricot Wheat and it turned out to be her favorite beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment