Sunday, April 24, 2011

Boon Kriek Mariage Parfait

I picked up a bottle of Kriek Mariage Parfait from Brouweij Boon on my recent trip to DeCicco's on the suggestion of my friend Craig.  I've had the Framboise from them and enjoyed it and this was supposed to be more similar to the traditional style of lambics so I figured why not.
Big pungent nose with some farmhouse hints and big sour cherry nose.  Reminded me of a more traditional version of lambic based on the aroma than their normal kriek.  First sip had a mildly sour cherry flavor but it wasn't anywhere near as sour or funky as the nose presents.  A little sweet cherry candy in the finish.  As it warmed, a little caramel and some sour apple appeared.  I'll admit, I enjoyed it and it was still slightly sour, I just wish the flavor followed from the aroma a bit more than it did.  If so it would have been pretty great.  Still, for $8, totally worth picking up if you see it on the shelves.

No comments:

Post a Comment