Thursday, April 21, 2011

Founders Centennial IPA

Stopped by Bridgid's yesterday since we needed to be out of our apartment for a bit and grabbed a glass of Founders Centennial IPA.
Big grapefruit nose.  (I think I write that a lot, oh well.)  The aroma was so strong I could smell it while the glass was just sitting on the bar.  Initially grapefruit and caramel with a little bit of bitterness in the finish that doesn't linger at all.  This was a really good IPA and very tasty.  I'd definitely suggest it for a "My First IPA" as the bitterness was really mild and it has a nice malt backbone.  It's possible the keg from last night was old and that's why the bitterness was so mild but I doubt it based on the nose.  Definitely worth searching out especially as it's relatively inexpensive in bottles (at least inexpensive for Founders.)

No comments:

Post a Comment