Friday, January 4, 2013

Deschutes Chasin' Freshies and 500th post

Well, this isn't nearly as epic as I expected my 500th post to be but whatever, I'll just have to reach 1000 and do something interesting for that. Right? Totally! So Chasin' Freshies is a fresh hop IPA from Deschutes given to me by my brother in law. I'm not sure when it was released, but we drank it the day before the best by date arrived. So I win this round, Deschutes, but just barely.
Bright, juicy nose. Very inviting. The body basically tasted like passion fruit to me with a light bitterness in the finish. Very pleasant even if it was at the tail end of its freshness. I don't know how well this would hold up past its best by date, but it was certainly still good before it. Very interesting flavors in this and quite enjoyable.

And just to make this post a little more exciting, we also drank a Drie Fonteinen Kriek that Jo and I got in Belgium earlier last year. This was awesome and totally worth dragging back in our luggage.
So good. Tart and funky and just amazingly delicious. This beer would have been worthy of my 500th post actually but I didn't really take any notes so it couldn't be my main focus. Pretty awesome though. Makes me wish it wasn't super expensive here in the states.

No comments:

Post a Comment