Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Highland Cold Mountain

We spent the few days before New Years in Asheville, North Carolina and I spent that time mostly drinking local stuff. We hit up a few breweries but didn't manage to make it to Highland because the day we could go they were closed for a private party. Sucks. So, I made do with trying their Winter Warmer, Cold Mountain.
I didn't know what to expect from this but actually found it pretty good! Sweet vanilla in the nose. Guessing it's brewed with it based on the strength. Continuing from there, the body also had a light vanilla sweetness with even more vanilla in the finish. However, it was never cloying or too sweet, just pleasant. I unfortunately don't remember what the main flavors were since the vanilla was apparently my focus. Nice job on a decent winter warmer regardless. Wish I had been able to make it to their brewery just to check out some other stuff. Oh well, next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment