Friday, April 13, 2012

Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA

Last night I opened a bottle of Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA. This is the double IPA in the family of minute IPAs from them. The name refers (for the most part) to the number of minutes Dogfish Head spends hopping each beer through the initial brewing of it. Or at least I'm pretty sure that's true. I sometimes think things are true only to find out I totally made them up.
I had some trouble putting my finger on the actual hop profile as it was kind of mild. I wrote down that it reminded me of citrus, but it had some other notes too which I couldn't pinpoint. Started with some bitterness with some sweetness immediately after to balance it. The hops were woodsy, piney and almost smokey. I don't think it's something I'd order at a bar but I wouldn't say no if it was free nor am I disappointed I have two more bottles.

No comments:

Post a Comment