Monday, April 30, 2012

Russian River Sanctification

Last Tuesday, my traditional visit to Kite & Key got me a glass of Russian River Sanctification. This was left over from the Savage Sixtel Sunday held earlier in the week.
I've definitely had this before, but I think it was just a small sample at Russian River and didn't totally remember it. Without a useful reference, I thought it was just a mild introduction to sours. Boy, was I wrong. Nice tartness in the nose. Not weak at all. Pretty tart up front with an interesting brett funk mixed with some hop bitterness. The latter two are actually the major flavors with the tartness appearing mostly just at the beginning of each sip. Still, this was actually much more unique than I thought it would be and I'm glad I got a chance to try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment