Thursday, April 12, 2012

He'Brew Bittersweet Lenny's R.I.P.A

I've finally managed to finish the last of my brother's Hanukkah beer gift, the He'Brew Bittersweet Lenny's R.I.P.A, a really strong rye ipa. I'll admit, I should have drank this one earlier but I just never got around to it. At least I drank one of the two he gave me a month or two ago so I did get a sense of what it's like in a fresher state.
Sweet nose with some aged hop notes and some rye spiciness. On first sip there was some caramel, bitter hops, some more rye spiciness, and a lot of alcohol. Basically continued that way though the rye spiciness and alcohol were at odds with the caramel sweetness at times. Decent enough after four months (well, at least four months) but this is one that should be drank closer to its bottling date even if it is 11%. The previous bottle was a bit more balanced with the hops covering the alcohol better.

No comments:

Post a Comment