Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Green Flash Palate Wrecker

There were actually a few things on draft yesterday at the Kite & Key that I could have chosen, but I decided to go with the Green Flash Palate Wrecker. Considering I haven't liked most of the hoppy Green Flash stuff before, I'm not sure why I chose it but the sample I had seemed decent so I went with it.
Very bright pineapple nose. Not too hoppy smelling though there is some bitterness there. Medium bodied, not thick but not thin either. Started with pineapple mixed with some grapefruit and finished with a decent amount of bitterness. Luckily, fresh at least, the fruit notes from the hops overpowered the bitterness because there was no sweetness at all in this one. The bitterness isn't too astringent like some of their others which helps too. Definitely wrecks your palate so it's aptly named at least.

I also should mention that there is going to be another Savage Sixtel Sunday at the Kite & Key this coming Sunday (April 22nd). Possible appearance of the Dogfish Head Randall plus other fun stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment