Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Yards Cape of Good Hope

This year's Cape of Good Hope has been out for a little over a month now and boy is it delicious. Last year, I stopped by the brewery for a growler and finished it all in one day, but this year I instead went the bottle route. Glad I did as I quite liked this Double IPA.
Pleasant tropical fruit nose, very clean and no bitterness to be found. Decent body, not too thick but not thin either. Things started off with more sweet tropical fruit, followed by some caramel in the middle, and then finished up slightly bitter. Never got too bitter because of the sweetness and the tropical fruit lasted throughout the whole glass. Just really tasty and I'm already looking forward to next year's version! Also, after reading last year's write-up, guess I liked this year's more. Could be my palate, could be a different recipe. Who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment