Friday, August 5, 2011

Yards Cape of Good Hope

I've been awaiting the release of Yards new double IPA, Cape of Good Hope, ever since it got announced a couple months just because it sounded like it would be interesting. When Yards tweeted that it was available at the brewery, I decided I'd go grab a growler of it and see what the fuss was about.
First, let me say when drinking an entire growler by yourself, take notes on the first glass and not the third. Mild grapefruit nose with a little bit of pine.  Starts slightly citrusy and slightly bitter with a slight malty finish. Very balanced with all of the slight flavors adding up to being quite tasty. Some slight (yep, again) lingering bitterness. It wasn't spectacular or anything, but I enjoyed it and really want to try it again out of the bottle just out of curiosity.

No comments:

Post a Comment