Friday, September 14, 2012

Two Brothers / Brasserie Castelain Diversey & Lillie

It had been three weeks since I'd last been to the Kite & Key but I finally made it back this past Monday. Between Labor Day weekend and just being busy, I just haven't had the time until now. This week I wavered between drinking Alesmith Speedway Stout again because it's awesome or something new. Of course, I went with something new because I'm a sucker for new beers. So, I ordered the collaboration beer between Two Brothers and Brewery Castelain, a french brewery, named Diversey & Lille. This is a Biere de Garde.
Very fruity and sweet malty nose. Some bready notes too. Body followed with more fruit sweetness, kind of a berry flavor, a little bready malt, and then more fruitiness in the finish. Solid beer though nothing super surprising. Totally worth giving a try if you find it on draft or if the bottles aren't too expensive.

Also, as an aside, I had another glass of Goose Island's Bourbon County Brand Stout last night at St. Stephen's Green. It is so good. So good. Should be on draft around Philly for a bit too it seems like. Check PhillyTapFinder for updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment