Sunday, March 6, 2011

Thursday at Nodding Head

I needed to kill some time while waiting to meet my wife for dinner so I thought what better way to do that than spend an hour reading at Nodding Head and enjoying some beer.  I did a little research using Philly Tap Finder but decided I really wanted to try the Belgian Chocolate Stout so headed to Nodding Head.

First up, as I said, was the Belgian Chocolate Stout.  No fun name for this one I guess but at least you know what you're getting.
The nose has some roasted notes but finishes with common Belgian flavors of banana and cloves.  Pretty flavorful first sip.  Starts roasty, followed by some banana and clove, and finishes with a blast of chocolate.  Pretty tasty although the chocolate came and went as I made my way through the glass.  If you like Belgian style beers, you'd like this.  Curious if Stone's Belgo Imperial Stout will be similar to this although obviously without the chocolate.

After that I got a glass of the Grog, my wife's favorite.
Lovely roasty aroma.  Flavor is roast through and through but not a bitter roast, more of a nutty one.  Not describing it particularly well but it is very good.  The fact that Jo likes it means it is going to be tasty to anyone that enjoys beer which is as good a recommendation as I can give .  It's hard to tell from the picture, but since it was on cask the carbonation was much lighter and the body was slightly thinner.  Both of those aspects made it even more drinkable than usual and since it's only around 4.5% it's not a bad thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment