Thursday, September 8, 2011

Great Divide Belgian Yeti at the Kite & Key

I stopped by Kite & Key for my usual Tuesday visit and luckily the Great Divide Belgian Yeti was still on draft. It's a new variation in the Yeti Imperial Stout series and people have been saying good things about it since it came out so I wanted to try it.
Chocolate, roast and coffee in the nose. First sip had some chocolate and roast with some slight bitterness. I didn't get any other flavors from the Belgian yeast at first but it was super cold.. After letting it warm up for a while, I started getting a hint of sweetness with some clove and banana. Since I didn't have a ton left by that point, it was hard to get a full impression, but I imagine at the right temperature it would be full of those flavors straight from the beginning. All in all, a tasty addition to the Yeti series, but I'd like to get it again to get a better feel for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment