Thursday, September 22, 2011

20th Anniversary of London Grill

This past Monday was the 20th Anniversary party for London Grill. Pretty Impressive. For the party they had a really nice beer list but considering my weekend and the fact that it was Monday I unfortunately didn't have much will to participate. When I arrived around 5:30 the place was already pretty full. A lot of industry folks, some brewers, and a few others I recognized. You could really tell what London Grill and the owner Terry mean to the area and the industry just by looking around the room.

I started with a glass of something I've talked about a bunch but I don't even care because it's so awesome, Deschutes The Abyss.
It's just so good! Licorice, molasses, chocolate, vanilla, hints of bourbon. I've talked about it here at the London Grill Deschutes dinner and here in San Francisco for the first time. I really could have sat at the bar all night drinking just this but that would have been a bit much.

After that I got a glass of cask Flower Power. Watching the cask of it being put on the bar was quite the show by the way.
I've had this one before too (here and here), and it's a quite enjoyable IPA. I didn't notice a huge difference between the cask versus on draft other than slightly less carbonation and maybe a little more grapefruit. Still quite tasty.

I went for Abyss and to congratulate Terry and got what I wanted. I probably should have tried one of the beers brewed for the event and would have if I ordered more than two. Seemed like it was going to be a great event too and congratulations to them on 20 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment