Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Maui Brewing Co. Mana Wheat

I was sent two cans of Mana Wheat a while ago and realized I should probably finish the second one. lthough it's been in the fridge the whole time, it's still better to drink hefeweizens sooner rather than later. Mana Wheat is brewed with pineapples.
I'll admit I wasn't super impressed by the first can I opened. It was decent, but I didn't really get any pineapple. This time, however, was much better. Big pineapple nose. Not bitter like from hops, but actual fruit. Starts with pineapple, continues with pineapple, ends with a wheat finish. Very enjoyable and I imagine quite great on a hot summer day.

2 comments:

  1. Had this last summer when I was on Maui, right before they started canning it. Definitely one of their more unique beers and I can't wait til I get my hands on some more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I thought it was pretty decent this time. I really don't remember the pineapple being as pronounced the first time, but honestly I could just not be remembering it properly.

    ReplyDelete