Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Hoppin' Frog Barrel Aged Boris

Over the weekend I drank two different stouts with the first being Hoppin' Frog Barrel Aged Boris. This was aged in bourbon barrels for a few months. Not sure exactly how long, but I feel like it's got to be at least four months based on the strength of the flavors. I easily could be wrong though.
Mmm, lovely nose. Vanilla, graham cracker, and roast blended together amazingly well. Nice thick body, very viscous. At first, I tasted vanilla, some light bourbon, a little dark fruit, and a slightly nutty finish. The dark fruit and nuttiness faded away as I drank more but the bourbon and vanilla continued through to the end. This just had a really nice richness to it that made it really pleasant drinking and delicious. I actually thought it compared favorably to Firestone Walker Parabola though that one was slightly more complex. Definitely one to pick up if you see it and don't mind spending a little bit for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment