Thursday, September 5, 2013

Goose Island Matilda Lambicus

Things are going pretty well with my weekly visit to Kite & Key. It's back on Tuesday now, too, which means I don't have to go to the gym afterwards. Way easier. This trip I was lucky enough to get one of the leftovers from their Goose Island event last Friday, Matilda Lambicus, a special version of Matilda that seems to undergo secondary fermentation with some brett yeast. Or something like that.
Unfortunately, I don't have a clear recollection of the regular Matilda to do a good comparison so we'll just have to treat this as its own beer. Fruity nose, almost melon like. Not too strong but present. Body was similar with a slight melon flavor up front, some nuttiness from the malt, and then a bit more sweet fruit in the finish. Didn't change much as it warmed up. I didn't feel like I got much from the secondary brett fermentation though maybe the melon like fruit flavor was from it. Totally a fine beer, but didn't really feel the difference like I did between Sofie and Sofie Paradisi.

No comments:

Post a Comment