Wednesday, September 11, 2013

4 Hands Reprise Centennial Red Ale

Stopped in at Kite & Key like usual and while there were a couple changes in the beer list from last week, I'd been contemplating ordering the 4Hands Reprise Centennial Red Ale the past few times so I just went ahead and got that this time.
I enjoyed a couple of 4Hands beers during beer week which was why I was interested in trying this. Big sugary citrus nose. No bitterness, just a lot of orange and lemon and a little sweetness. Body was mostly bitter with some citrus in the middle with the sweetness missing. The finish was pretty clean though there was some lingering bitterness. While the citrus from the nose didn't quite come through in the body, still a solid beer. Nothing to go crazy about, but a good choice to order if you see it.

On a separate note, I noticed that Kite & Key was doing a Bear Republic tap takeover on Thursday. Now that I know Tartare is there thanks to PhillyTapFinder I'll definitely be stopping in for a glass of that before I pick up Paxton. Had it once and it was awesome so looking forward to trying it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment